Parental Hope Family Grant
***The 2017 Parental Hope Family Grant application deadline has passed. The 2018 Grant application will be available in February 2018 with a due date of September 1st.***
To help alleviate the financial burden of infertility, Parental Hope will provide financial assistance to couples battling infertility through the awarding of the Parental Hope Family Grant each year. There are two different types of Parental Hope Family Grants (collectively the “Grant”):
- IVF – Parental Hope Family Grant (“IVF Grant”) covers the full cost of one egg retrieval, one embryo transfer, intracytoplasmic sperm injection (if medically necessary), and IVF education day fee at the Institute for Reproductive Health in Cincinnati, Ohio (“IRH”). The IVF Grant does not cover the cost of embryo freezing, IVF consultation fee, or medication.
- FET – Parental Hope Family Grant (“FET Grant”) covers the full cost of one frozen embryo transfer at IRH. The FET Grant does not provide funds to cover the cost of medication.
- Applicant (or Co-Applicant) must have one of the following:
- A medical diagnosis of infertility by a Reproductive Endocrinologist according to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine’s definition of Infertility; or
- Be a carrier of a genetic disease or chromosomal disorder that requires the use of Assisted Reproductive Technology (“ART”) services for healthy offspring; or
- A Reproductive Endocrinologist has recommended ART services due to recurrent pregnancy loss.
- While all treatment must be provided by IRH, there is no requirement that the Applicant be a current patient of IRH.
- Applicant (and Co-Applicant) must be citizens of the United States.
- Applicant (and Co-Applicant) may have insurance that covers infertility treatments, including, but not limited to, IVF or embryo transfers. While insurance coverage will not render Applicant (and Co-Applicant) ineligible, it will be factored into determining the financial need of Applicant (and Co-Applicant).
- All Applicants must agree to receive all treatment covered by the Grant at IRH.
- Applicant must undergo treatment covered by the Grant within six (6 months) of the date the Grant was awarded. Grant cannot be used for past treatment or other services related to Applicant’s (and Co-Applicant’s) infertility.
- All Grant funds shall be paid directly to IRH. No Grant funds shall be paid directly to the Grant recipient. Should a refund be available from IRH due to services costing less than anticipated, services not being rendered, health insurance coverage, or for any other reason, Applicant understands that Parental Hope shall be reimbursed in FULL before the Applicant receives a portion of the refund.
- Grant award shall be contingent on a satisfactory criminal background check and credit check of Applicant and Co-Applicant.
- Applicant must agree to keep Parental Hope updated with the progress of any pregnancy and live birth resulting from treatment paid for by the Grant.
- Immediate family members (Parents, Children, Siblings, Nieces or Nephews, and First Cousins) of the Board of Directors or an Officer of Parental Hope shall not be eligible.
- All Applicants (and Co-Applicants) are expected to fully complete, execute and provide the documents and other information set forth on the Grant Application Checklist.
- All Applicants (and Co-Applicants) are expected to fully complete and execute the following documents:
- Parental Hope Family Grant Application (including all requested attachments)
- IVF Grant Application
- FET Grant Application
- Medical Evaluation Form (to be prepared by your treating physician)
- Media Consent and Release Form
- Medical Information Release Form
- Financial Account Information Release Form
- $50 non-refundable application fee. Payment shall be in the form of personal check or money order and made payable to Parental Hope, Inc. Application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and shall be considered a donation.
- Application, Application Fee and other required documentation must be sent via regular mail and shall be postmarked by TBD for 2018. Applications that are mailed late, are incomplete or are not received via regular mail SHALL NOT be considered. Once received, a representative of Parental Hope will contact the Applicant via e-mail to confirm receipt.
- Over the course of a 6-8 week period, the Parental Hope Board of Directors will meet to review the Applications and determine the Grant finalists for 2018.
- Grant finalists will be contacted to set up an interview with representatives of Parental Hope.
- A criminal background check and credit check shall be performed on each Applicant (and Co-Applicant) chosen by the Board of Directors.
- The chosen Applicant(s) shall be notified by the Board of Director’s decision by November 1, 2018. Applicants who are not chosen shall be notified of the Board of Directors decision after all chosen Applicants have accepted the Grants. The number of Grants awarded will vary from year to year and will be based on the financial strength of Parental Hope at that time. Not all Applicants will receive a Grant and grants may vary in amounts.
- Please do not contact Parental Hope during the review process. A Member of the Board of Directors will notify you to confirm receipt of your Application and will contact you if more information is required.